This session aims to clarify what social enterprise and social innovation is, outlining the ethos of social enterprise and innovation, why it’s a good idea and how it impacts upon local communities and society as a whole. Through local casestudies, attendees will discover the benefits of exploring social enterprise and will hear what support and funding is available to develop ideas into sustainable social enterprises or private enterprises focused on social innovation for good.
- Brian O’Neill, NW Social Enterprise Hub
- Chris Gordon , Social Enterprise NI
- Dr Liam Campbell, Young Foundation
- Peter McCafferty, Social Impact Tracker/rebranded to EVIDE
- Roisin Crawford, STEM Aware
Facilitator: Tina Duffy, NWRC’s Social Enterprise Champion