Sign In

Management KTP Opportunities with Ulster University

Get Tickets

WHEN

Add to Calendar

WHERE

Ulster University - Jordanstown - The Boardroom - Room 08K14B
Shore Road, Newtownabbey, BT37

About the Organiser

profile website facebook twitter Contact Organiser

About the Event

Effective management transforms business performance. Could yours improve?

Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) help businesses improve their competitiveness, productivity and profitability by tapping into the knowledge and technology generated in UK knowledge bases such as Ulster University.  

Innovate UK recognises that effective management can be the difference between thriving companies and failing companies and, based on the success of its KTP programme, has introduced a new Management KTP (MKTP) funding programme designed to inject word-class management expertise that improves business performance, expands business capability, increases business growth and enables lasting change.

MKTPs aim to enable transformational improvement by identifying key, strategic, management-base initiatives that increase business effectiveness via novel and innovative partnerships with University Business Schools.

What are Management KTPs?

Just like the highly effective KTP programmes that Ulster University delivers, Management KTPs (MKTPs) create a dynamic 3-way partnership between your company, our team of academic experts and a skilled graduate. MKTP's focus specifically on increasing effectiveness and improving results through better management practices.

Who could benefit from a MKTP?

  • Growth-oriented SMEs, eager to build and execute their ambitious management strategy by introducing better management practices.
  • Businesses seeking significant productivity gains, recognising that good management and leadership can help deliver this.
  • Organisations looking to up-skill their people and make step-change improvements in productivity by deploying industry-leading practices and innovation processes.

Which business activities do MKTPs cover?

MKTPs focus specifically on management-based projects, incorporating a range of leadership and management skills spanning all key business functions - from marketing to IT, creativity to strategic management; HR to employment relations; finance to logistics. 

Leading management expertise that resides within the Ulster University Business School can be shared via a MKTP collaboration with your business to help you draft and execute practical plans to radically improve your business processes and sustainably scale up and grow.

What does it cost?

The cost of a MKTP is shared by your company and Innovate UK who provide a 67% grant to the project cost. SMEs contribute the remaining 33%.  Like KTPs, Management KTP projects can last between 12 months to 3 years.

The first round of MKTP funding competitions opens on 12 December and closes on 19 February 2020 at midday.

To find out more...

The University's KTP Office in collaboration with the Ulster University Business School has organised a MKTP Information and Networking event where you will have an opportunity discover more about this new and exciting funding programme, meet the KTP Advisers, and explore ideas with our world class Business Management experts.

Event Schedule

  • 13.00 - Welcome and Introduction (Amanda Fullerton, KTP Manager, Ulster University)
  • 13.20 - Management KTPs (Joel Ferguson, KTP Adviser, Knowledge Transfer Networks)
  • 13.40 - MKTP Case Study (Dr Andrea Reid on current KTP with OdysseyTrust)
  • 14.00 - Questions & Answers
  • 14.15 - Networking (including light lunch and refreshments)

Book a ticket below to secure your free place at this event on our Jordanstown campus on Friday 6 December 2019

The event will last approximately 90 minutes.