The Mobile Academy BelfastGet Tickets
About the Organiserprofile website facebook twitter Contact Organiser
About the Event
The Mobile Academy - created by University College London (UCL) and Mobile Monday London - is a practical CPD programme that focuses on design, technology & business for the mobile ecosystem, intended specifically to address the challenges of learning a very rapidly changing subject.
Mobile Monday Belfast and Ulster University's School of Computing & Mathematics have licensed this programme for the first time ever, and want to offer it to professionals in NI keen to understand and be part of the mobile ecosystem, hatch a new business or product idea, bring mobile know-how into their organisation, or move their career onwards.
1-day tuitions will take place on five Wednesdays in a row: on 27 April (9-5pm), 4 May (9-5pm), 11 May (1:15-9pm), 18 May (9-5pm) and finish on 25 May 2016 (9-11pm incl. closing party).
Our tutors are practitioners and sector professionals with a huge experience in the mobile eco-system, as well as subject matter expert lecturers of Ulster University.
Upon completion of the course, Ulster University will offer CPD certification, along with the opportunity to build towards a qualification, through Ulster University's Postgraduate Flexible Framework. for full details regarding Ulster University accreditation, please contact Dr George Moore.
If you're keen to invest in yourself in 2016, and available Wednesdays in May, register now (bottom of this page). Payment will be taken at that moment and you will receive a confirmation and receipt.
We hope to welcome you to this exciting, one-of-a-kind professional programme end of April. Do not delay, the class is limited to 32 students, so first come, first served.
The Mobile Academy, Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions for participants on The Course which is copyrighted by The Mobile Academy Limited (TMA) and operated in Belfast (NI) under license by Sagnard Associates Ltd (SAL, Co. Nr. NI 052311) on behalf of Ulster University and Mobile Monday Belfast.
- Participants may cancel their enrolment and receive a refund, less booking fees and administrative costs, up to 7 working days before The Course starts. Refunds are not available subsequently.
- Participants’ registration details will be shared with The Hosts.
- Material provided as part of The Course is made available for participants’ own use. It is not to be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or in any other way used, in whole or in part, for any other purpose without the express written permission of TMA.
- TMA/SAL reserve the right to remove The Participant from The Course or exclude The Participant from the venue of The Course if the behaviour or demeanour of The Participant is considered unacceptable.
- No refund will be given in respect of a participant being unable to attend any part of The Course for any reason.
- TMA/SAL reserve the right to cancel a course, make changes to the programme, replace a tutor or change The Course venue. If The Course is cancelled by TMA/SAL, Course Fees will be refunded less the booking fees.
- TMA/SAL accept no liability for loss or damage to The Participant’s property and shall not provide any insurance cover whatsoever to The Participant.
- The Participant is solely responsible for determining whether The Course is sufficient and suitable for the needs of The Participant. TMA/SAL do not provide any guarantee in respect of the standard of The Participant’s abilities on completion of The Course.
- Views expressed by tutors and TMA/SAL staff are their own. TMA/SAL do not accept any liability for advice given or views expressed by tutors or in any notes or documentation provided to Participants.
- Subject to limitations in law, the liability of TMA/SAL to The Participant with respect to the provision of The Course, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment of The Course, any negligence, any breach of contract, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these Terms and Conditions, will not extend to:any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if TMA/SAL had been advised of the possibility of those losses or if they were within TMA/SAL’s contemplation; or any costs or expenses incurred by any person or organisation in connection with travel, accommodation, reservations or other arrangements.
- The warranties and undertakings given by TMA/SAL in these terms and conditions are, to the extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, including any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular or any purpose, or the ability to achieve any particular result.
- A minimum of 80% attendance (four days out of five) is required to qualify for the CPD accreditation.