The Mobile Academy Belfast 2017Get Tickets
About the Organiserprofile website facebook twitter Contact Organiser
About the Event
The Mobile Academy 2017 has now completed, we congratulate the 20 participants who laboured through the intensive course, it takes dedication, enthusiasm and stamina, but is great fun!
TMA is a crash course about Design, Technology & Business for the complex mobile eco-system (apps, mobile-optimised web sites, mCommerce, IoT, Wearables and more).
Mobile Monday Belfast and Ulster University's School of Computing offer this course to tech, business and design professionals in NI who want to be fluent in 'mobile', hatch a new product (or business) idea, bring mobile know-how into their organisation, or move their career onwards.
The latest delivery was on Wednesday 10th May, 17th May, 24th May, 7th June and 14th June 2017 between 08:30am and 5:00pm, with 6 hours of tuitions + ample time for group work - a central aspect of the course.
Our tutors were top expert practitioners in their domain, all based in NI, with a huge experience in the mobile eco-system, and we also have one senior lecturer from Ulster University. Check more info on our web site.
Upon completion of the course and a short feedback essay, Ulster University offers CPD certification and credits to use towards a Master or Postgrad qualification, through Ulster University's Postgraduate Flexible Framework. For full details regarding Ulster University accreditation, please contact Dr George Moore.
We hope to welcome you to this exciting, one-of-a-kind professional programme next time.
The Mobile Academy, Terms and Conditions
Please note the following terms and conditions for participants on The Course which is copyrighted by The Mobile Academy Limited (TMA) and operated in Belfast (NI) under license by Sagnard Associates Ltd (SAL, Co. Nr. NI 052311) on behalf of Ulster University and Mobile Monday Belfast.
- Participants may cancel their enrolment and receive a refund, less booking fees and administrative costs, up to 14 working days before The Course starts. Refunds are not available subsequently.
- Participants’ registration details will be shared with The Hosts.
- Material provided as part of The Course is made available for participants’ own use. It is not to be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, distributed or in any other way used, in whole or in part, for any other purpose without the express written permission of TMA.
- TMA/SAL reserve the right to remove The Participant from The Course or exclude The Participant from the venue of The Course if the behaviour or demeanour of The Participant is considered unacceptable.
- No refund will be given in respect of a participant being unable to attend any part of The Course for any reason.
- TMA/SAL reserve the right to cancel a course, make changes to the programme, replace a tutor or change The Course venue. If The Course is cancelled by TMA/SAL, Course Fees will be refunded less the booking fees.
- TMA/SAL accept no liability for loss or damage to The Participant’s property and shall not provide any insurance cover whatsoever to The Participant.
- The Participant is solely responsible for determining whether The Course is sufficient and suitable for the needs of The Participant. TMA/SAL do not provide any guarantee in respect of the standard of The Participant’s abilities on completion of The Course.
- Views expressed by tutors and TMA/SAL staff are their own. TMA/SAL do not accept any liability for advice given or views expressed by tutors or in any notes or documentation provided to Participants.
- Subject to limitations in law, the liability of TMA/SAL to The Participant with respect to the provision of The Course, the cancellation, postponement, or amendment of The Course, any negligence, any breach of contract, or arising in any other way out of the subject-matter of these Terms and Conditions, will not extend to:any indirect losses or damages, or to any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if TMA/SAL had been advised of the possibility of those losses or if they were within TMA/SAL’s contemplation; or any costs or expenses incurred by any person or organisation in connection with travel, accommodation, reservations or other arrangements.
- The warranties and undertakings given by TMA/SAL in these terms and conditions are, to the extent permitted by law, given in lieu of all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, including any relating to satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular or any purpose, or the ability to achieve any particular result.
- A minimum of 80% attendance (four days out of five) is required to qualify for the CPD accreditation.