The Adventure Collective: Behind the ScenesGet Tickets
About the Organiserprofile website facebook twitter Contact Organiser
About the Event
From 27th – 29th June 2018, Replay Theatre Company in partnership with Theatre NI will be offering the opportunity to take part in three one-day workshops, which are designed for those figuring out if a behind-the-scenes career is for them, emerging professionals, and those wishing to expand their theatre skill-set. Each one-day workshop will be presented by a top industry professional.
Wednesday 27th June - Costume Design with Liz Cullinane
- Bringing costume design to life touches on many aspects of theatre making including script work, movement and character building. Enjoy sampling a little of the process in this workshop which will include drawing for costume design.
Thursday 28th June - Set and Lighting Design with Dr Niall Rea, Lecturer in Theatre Design and Performing Arts, IT Sligo
- Niall will explore the ways we make meaning in performance using space, objects, actors and light. He will introduce the participants to basic design and model making practices in this fun and easy to follow workshop.
Friday 29th June - Production and Stage Management with Siobhan Barbour
- Siobhan will be looking at entry routes to stage and production management roles, the skillsets involved, the challenges across different types of productions, making freelancing work for you, and what you can expect from what are arguably some of the most varied and multi-skilled jobs in live performance.* (Tips on matching black with other shades of black are also available on request.)
Each day will begin with coffee and registration at 10am, before kicking off at 10.15am. Workshops will end at 4pm.
Liz Cullinane (Costume Design on 27th June)
- Liz Cullinane is a visual artist who has been designing sets and costumes for theatre, film and TV for almost 30 years and works across a wide range of disciplines and art forms. She has designed many events for Belfast Children’s Festival, her favourite being Baby Rave with Young at Art. She designs with LUXe, an outdoor spectacle company, who work internationally and are based in Donegal. Liz’s regular work with Kabosh Theatre Company combines many of her interests especially that of new writing, social justice and site specific projects. She designed the costumes for their recent production Lives in Translation about the Somali refugee experience in Ireland.
Dr. Niall Rea (Set and Lighting Design on 28th June)
- Niall received his AHRC funded doctorate in Theatre Studies from the Brian Friel Centre for Theatre Research, Queen’s University in Belfast. Niall is a lecturer in Theatre Design and Performing Arts at Institute of Technology Sligo. He has given many professional workshops on stage design processes for young people and beginners in arts centres in Ireland and beyond. As a designer, Niall has worked extensively all over the UK and Ireland, as well as in the rest of Europe and the USA. He also works with choreographers to stage experimental dance pieces.
Siobhan Barbour (Production and Stage Management on 29th June)
- Siobhán is a Queen's drama graduate and freelance stage and production manager based in Belfast. Her professional credits include work for the Old Vic, Royal Court, Lyric Theatre, the MAC, Prime Cut Productions, Replay, Tinderbox, Belfast Children's Festival, Amnesty International, Outburst Queer Arts Festival, TheatreofplucK, Rawlife, Green Shoot, Walk The Plank and Chicago Opera Vanguard. Her background is predominantly in theatre, but she also has experience in contemporary dance, opera and site-specific performance, as well as regional and international touring.
- Wednesday 27th June - Costume Design with Liz Cullinane - £20pp
- Thursday 28th June - Set and Lighting Design with Dr. Niall Rea - £20pp
- Friday 29th June - Production and Stage Management with Siobhan Barbour - £20pp
- All 3 days - £50pp
* price includes lunch.
*a small additional fee is added by the booking system
If you need more information, please contact us. Click here.