Making your event as profitable as possible is easier than you might think. From securing small sponsorships to unmissable VIP packages, these six tips will help boost your ticket sales sky high!
- Before you launch the event, put together a comprehensive digital marketing strategy. Scheduling software like Hootsuite will ensure your posts will go live even when you’re not available to create content. Post blogs promoting various aspects of the event on your website at regular intervals. Create content around interviews with guest speakers, the catering company, and influencers.
- Secure small sponsorship deals. Selling an expensive headline sponsorship package can be difficult, so try dividing up different elements of your event and get a few businesses involved. Work with local businesses who will have a vested interest in promoting their own services as well as your event. For more ideas, check out our blog How to Land a Strategic Event Partner.
- Make sure your event registration page is user-friendly. If people don’t have all the details about the event, they might not take the time to email you to find out. Choose a convenient payment method to make it easy for them part with their hard earned cash. Turn to the experts at Get Invited for an event registration platform that ticks all the boxes (and then some!).
- Say thank you to last year’s attendees. Reward your former customers with a special discount code for your forthcoming event. Everyone likes a bargain! This technique is especially useful if ticket sales have been slow – it’s better to sell a few seats at a reduced price than no seats.
- Put together a VIP package. Meet and greets with the speakers, free drinks, early entry and front row seats will make your event extra special. It’s an excellent way to generate extra revenue and make your attendees even happier for minimal expense on your part.
- Tell people about the extras. If it’s hard to make your event sound exciting, promote the other aspects you’ve organised. Is the entertainment going to be great? Have the catering team recently won an award? Have you negotiated a deal with the venue for a discounted spa session? Let people know!
An event that’s well promoted, efficiently organised and that gives attendees exactly what they want will always make money. In order to boosting revenue, consider first of all what you can do for your customers. Put them first. Making them happy is the first step to hosting a successful event.
Share your tips on hosting a profitable event with the Get Invited community below or on Twitter!
Want to contribute? Send us an email with an outline of your article idea.